Do you, like millions of other people, toss and turn at night, rarely getting enough sleep to make it through the next day? Insomnia is rampant and can be very damaging to your health. Sleep is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle and is as necessary as food and water for survival.
Perhaps you have turned to over-the-counter sleep aids for help or even prescription medications. Both of these can be highly damaging and some even addictive, their negative impact building up over time.
The good news is that there are many natural remedies for insomnia that are equal, if not more, effective than chemical-based solutions. This recipe uses some highly therapeutic ingredients that are well known for their ability to induce a restful night’s sleep.
The next time you find yourself tossing and turning, put this all natural sleep balm to work for you.
Why This Sleepy Balm Works So Well
The base of this soothing sleep balm contains three skin-friendly ingredients, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and beeswax. The mixture of essential oils work together to produce the powerful effect that this balm has.
- Orange essential oil: Besides being a powerful antioxidant, orange essential oil has a calming impact and promotes peace and tranquility.
- Lavender essential oil: Of course, lavender is best known for its anxiety-reducing qualities. The calming aroma helps you to wind down and let go of your cares.
- Cedarwood essential oil: If you find you are thinking way too much at bedtime, this essential oil will help your brain function slow down, thus reducing stress.
- Vetiver essential oil: This oil is known for its ability to relax the nerves and help one cope with overstimulation.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (buy it here)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (buy it here)
- 1/4 cup beeswax (buy it here)
- 20 drops orange essential oil (buy it here)
- 20 drops lavender essential oil (buy it here)
- 20 drops cedarwood essential oil (buy it here)
- 20 drops vetiver essential oil (buy it here)
- Container of your choice with a lid (such as these)
- Measure the coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and beeswax. (photo 1)
- Place the oils in a microwavable glass bowl. (photo 2)
- Put the glass bowl in the microwave. (photo 3)
- Heat the oils for 45 seconds to 1 minute until completely melted. (photo 4)
- Let oils cool for a few minutes before adding the essential oils. When the bowl is not hot to the touch, add the essential oils. Stir well. (photo 5)
- Spoon or pour the mix into your containers. (Photo 6)
Place the balm in the refrigerator to harden. Rub liberally on your pulse points and on the bottoms of your feet and enjoy a restful night.