Need a few good ideas for decorating your home this holiday season? Or perhaps you’re still looking for the perfect gift to give to that special someone on your Christmas list? Here are 20 of the best and most clever handmade holiday gift ideas using essential oils (plus a bonus link to 10 more creative recipes!) from around the web to spark your creativity:
1. These Aroma-Coasters from abundanthealth4u.com are a super clever way to simultaneously scent a room and protect your wood surfaces. Set a mug of hot tea or cocoa on the coaster to warm it up and activate the essential oils inside. Try it with Peppermint or Cinnamon Bark essential oils for a holiday treat!
2. These DIY Essential Oils Pendant Diffuser from onegoodthingbyjillee.com make excellent gifts. Or craft several for yourself and hang them on your Christmas tree!
3. These Scented Light Catchers by craftingconnections.net are a quick and easy project for parents to create with their children that will add beauty and interest to a well-lit area while at the same time filling the room with aromatherapy essential oils!
4. These DIY Essential Oil Car Diffusers from lifesanity.com are another clever and useful gift idea that you can give to just about anyone.
5. One of these DIY Microwaveable Rice Heating Pads by cutoutandkeep.net would make a smart gift for anyone on your list!
6. Learn How to Make Cinnamon-Scented Pinecones from ehow.com. Why buy them in the store when you can make your own?
7. For a great essential oil gift that is safe for children, try this “Just Like Mom’s but Just For Kids“ diluted essential oil kit by campwander.com.
9. Give these Natural Insect Repelling String Ties to the outdoor enthusiast on your Christmas list! While the recipe calls for Lavender, Lemongrass, Peppermint, and Thyme essential oils, you can substitute any insect-repelling oils you want.
10. This Gift Surprise Snowman by aromatools.com is a cute and fun way to deliver aromatherapy gifts like sugar scrubs and bath salts to your friends and family!
11. Make a scented Candy Cane Garland for yourself or a friend. Drape evergreen garlands around windows, then hang candy canes from the boughs with red ribbons. Scent with Peppermint Oil for a little added wintery cheer!
(Project idea borrowed from 40 Christmas Decorating Ideas That Will Bring Joy To Your Home on Lifehack.org.)
12. Create a Festive Holiday Floral Arrangement using evergreen boughs and candy striped ornaments. Then scent with Peppermint Oil and place around your home to get into the holiday spirit!
13. Quickly create Scented Christmas Tree Ornaments by adding a drop or two of Peppermint Oil or any other of your favorite essential oils to each ornament.
15. This Stress Relieving Mini Sand Garden by abundanthealth4u.com is a great way to unwind at the end of the day. Try making it with Lavender essential oil for a nice relaxing aromatherapy experience!
16. Give the gift of natural living with this Essential Oil Sample Tree by aromatools.com – perfect for someone who is interested in using essential oils for aromatherapy and healing but who doesn’t yet have a huge collection of oils to chose from.
17. This Essential Oil Sampler from abundanthealth4u.com is perfect for someone who is new to the wonderful world of essential oils. The kit includes small “starter” vials of essential oils plus idea cards providing tips on how to use them.
Need a little help with the idea cards? Be sure to check out these 50 Magical Ways To Use Essential Oils To Improve Your Life for some excellent tips!
18. This beautiful Peppermint Sugar Scrub recipe by bargainbriana.com makes a wonderful gift for anyone who needs a little pampering.
19. Here’s a great Holiday Bath Salt recipe for that person on your Christmas list who loves to take long, luxurious baths!
You will need:
2 cups Epsom Salt
1/2 cup Sea Salt
4 – 6 drops Peppermint Oil
2 – 3 drops Natural Red Food Coloring
Step 1: Place 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup of sea salt in a bowl. Add 2-3 drops peppermint oil and mix well.
Step 2: Place the remaining 1 cup of Epsom salt, 1/4 cup of sea salt, 2 – 3 drops of peppermint oil, and 2 – 3 drops red food coloring in a second bowl & mix well.
Step 3: Layer the red and white salts in a clear bottle or jar. Place the lid on the jar, cover the lid with decorative paper, and tie on with Christmas ribbon. Optionally, you may also want to tie a candy cane to the lid with your ribbon.
20. These Message In A Bottle Bath Salts from abundanthealth4u.com are another clever bath salt gift idea. Send a secret message to a special someone and provide them with scented bath salts at the same time!
Bonus Gift Idea: Although not handmade, why not buy this mammoth set of 32 essential oils from Edens Garden available on Amazon and split it up into smaller sets or individual bottles? You can gift friends and family a bottle of their favorite oil or keep some wrapped up on hand for unexpected guests.
Want more handmade gift ideas? Check out these 10 Fun DIY Bath Recipes for more creative gift ideas using essential oils, and this massive post sharing 112 incredible DIY gift ideas!