EXCLUSIVE DEAL FOR NATURAL LIVING IDEAS READERS: Get 25% OFF plus free shipping on an exciting range of natural foods and healthy products at Thrive Market. Click here to claim your discount.
While you may not mind crossing path with a spider outdoors, having them in your home is another story. Spiders make their way inside for any number of reasons. Sometimes they like a warm place to hide out for the chilly months, sometimes they are in search of food or water, and sometimes they just happen to walk through a crack or an open window.
There are plenty of chemical-laden products on the market to repel and kill spiders but if you have pets or young children, these can be dangerous. This eco-friendly, essential oil spider spray will safely keep spiders outside where they belong without compromising the health of your family or harming the environment.
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil (buy it here)
- 5 drops spearmint essential oil (buy it here)
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil (buy it here)
- eco friendly dish soap (such as this)
- glass spray bottle (buy it here)
- cotton balls
- Gather the ingredients and equipment
- Pour water into your glass spray bottle
- Add the oils to the bottle.
- Add a squeeze of eco-friendly dish soap to help break apart the oil molecules in the water.
Spray your doorways, windowsills, and anywhere spiders like to hide. Use the spray at least once a week for best results. Place the cotton balls sprayed with spider spray in corners of your rooms or places where you feel you have a problem with spiders.
Additional Natural Spider Repellent Ideas
Here are some additional ways to keep spiders out of your home. Al of these methods are natural and toxic free:
- Get a cat – they will chase anything that moves, including spiders.
- Scatter some citrus peels in areas where you have a spider problem.
- Place a row of chestnuts around windowsills and doors where spiders frequently enter.
- Caulk cracks – this will minimize the places where spiders can enter your home.
- Keep your house clean – spiders don’t like a clean house. Keep dust to a minimal and take down any webs you find.
P.S. Have you heard of Thrive Market? It's an exciting online marketplace selling the best in healthy, organic GMO-free foods - as well as the best natural health and beauty products - typically at 25-50% off retail prices. And better yet, Thrive Market are offering an exclusive 25% off your first order + 1 month free membership for Natural Living Ideas readers. Just click this link and your discount will automatically be applied.
Where Can We Send Your FREE
If you could bottle up superfood perfection, this organic virgin coconut oil would be it.
Jar Of Virgin Coconut Oil?
Whether you’re adding decadent-yet-mild flavor to your favorite recipes, reducing inflammation, or moisturizing your hair and skin, coconut oil is the ultimate culinary and beauty multitasker.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for Natural Living Ideas readers at the link below...