Would you like a free 16 oz bottle of Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar? Natural Living Ideas have teamed up with Thrive Market and we’d like to send you a bottle. Just cover the $1.95 shipping and you could be trying this wonder ingredient in just a few days. Claim your complimentary bottle here.
You may remember the smell of apple cider vinegar from your grandmother’s house. Perhaps she made you drink it when you had an upset stomach or used it to dab on your mosquito bites or sunburn. Well, guess what? Apple cider vinegar is back.
Grandma was right, it is a go to remedy for a large number of conditions and keeping a jar of organic raw apple cider in your kitchen and bathroom at all times is a great idea.
But how could something so simple be so powerful? The benefits of organic raw apple cider vinegar are found in the living giving force known endearingly as “The Mother.” Although the mother looks more like a scary spider web floating around near the bottom of the bottle, it is this substance that contains active ingredients to boost your overall health and wellbeing. The mother is alive, teeming with beneficial bacteria and nutrients.
How Is Apple Cider Vinegar Made?
Raw apple cider vinegar is made from organic apples and goes through a double fermentation process. During this process, enzymes and other nutrients are preserved and work together to bring out therapeutic properties.
Here are just a few amazing nutritional facts about this fermented drink:
- Apple cider vinegar contains potassium that helps keep teeth strong, prevents hair loss and remedies a runny nose.
- Apple cider vinegar contains pectin that keep blood pressure regular and can reduce “bad’ cholesterol.
- Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which makes it a good defense against viruses, bacteria and fungus.
- Apple cider vinegar contains calcium which helps keep our teeth and bones strong and healthy.
- Apple cider vinegar contains ash which normalizes your body’s pH and maintains a healthy alkaline state.
- Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid what reduces the speed at which sugar enters the blood after a meal.
- Apple cider vinegar contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E
How is Apple Cider Vinegar Different From White Vinegar?
Regular white or brown vinegar does not contain any of the health-promoting properties that are found in apple cider vinegar. This type of vinegar has been put through rigorous distilling and processing and in the process all of its nutrients are stripped away. Raw organic apple cider vinegar is made up of living bacteria that is beneficial to health.
If you don’t see the cobweb like substance in the bottle, don’t expect the vinegar to provide any therapeutic value. Remember… look for the mother.
What About Putting Apple Cider Vinegar on Your Face & Skin?
Apple cider vinegar is equally as effective when taken internally as when it is applied to the skin externally. In fact, many people use apple cider vinegar as part of their daily beauty regime. It is a cost effective, 100% natural and organic way to keep your skin feeling fresh and supple.
5 Reasons To Wash Your Face with Apple Cider Vinegar
If you reach for commercial soap and cleaners to wash your face you may be doing more harm than good. Many of these products contain fragrances, dyes and other chemicals that can dry out your skin and leave it looking and feeling tired and rough.
The good news is that there are numerous things found in nature that can nourish your skin and keep it feeling and looking its best. One of these is apple cider vinegar.
Here are five great reasons to consider washing your face and skin with apple cider vinegar. A word of caution – don’t put apple cider vinegar full strength directly on your skin – it can burn. Use a diluted mixture of 50% water and 50% apple cider vinegar and be sure to try the solution on the skin on your hand or elsewhere before putting on your face. In very rare instances, some people are sensitive to this solution.
- Apple cider vinegar can help reduce age spots: When you wash your face daily with apple cider vinegar you will notice a substantial difference in age spots. Apple cider vinegar contains alpha hydroxy acids that will remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin. In addition to washing with a splash of apple cider vinegar, dab a little on a cotton ball and apply directly to age spots. Wait about thirty minutes and rinse your face with cool water and pat dry. Do this twice daily for six weeks and you will see a difference.
- Apple cider vinegar fights acne, pimples and blemishes: No need to buy commercial acne cream when you can use apple cider vinegar. When apple cider vinegar is made, malic acid forms. This makes apple cider vinegar a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming. (Want more ways to get rid of acne and pimples? Read this article)
- Apple cider vinegar balances your skin: While removing oil from your skin, apple cider vinegar also helps to balance pH and keeps your skin from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum. Rinse your face daily with apple cider vinegar if you desire balance.
- Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles: Diluted apple cider vinegar face wash can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can soak a cotton pad or cotton cloth in diluted apple cider vinegar and dab on your skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apple cider vinegar removes toxins from your face: Regular use of an apple cider vinegar wash will help draw toxins out of your skin leaving a youthful and clean glow.
Can We Send You A Free Bottle Of Apple Cider Vinegar?
Here at Natural Living Ideas we have teamed up with Thrive Market to offer all readers a free bottle of the world’s best organic apple cider vinegar shipped right to your door!
Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is organic, raw, undistilled and unfiltered (meaning it has “The Mother”) and is widely regarded as the best ACV in the world.
To claim your free bottle, visit Thrive Market here.
Some Strange and Not So Strange Common Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar
Salad dressing: Use apple cider vinegar in place of your usual salad dressing. Try mixing a ½ cup of the vinegar with 2 tablespoons of raw honey and a squeeze of lemon juice for a delicious topping for any salad.
Fluffy rice: Add a touch of apple cider vinegar when cooking rice. Your rice will be fluffier and taste great.
All purpose cleaner: Apple cider vinegar is a powerful all purpose cleaner that can be used in just about every space in your home. Simply mix 1 part vinegar with 1 part water and 3 drops of essential oil. Mix in a spray bottle and use liberally on counters, in the bathroom and even for dusting.
To catch fruit flies: Fruit flies love the taste of apple cider vinegar and thus, it makes excellent bait for a trap. Put a little apple cider vinegar in a cup topped with a drop of dish soap. Set the cup on your counter and watch the fruits flies drop in.
Steak marinade: Marinate your grass fed beef in apple cider vinegar about 30 minutes before cooking. Your meat will be tender and delicious
Clean fruits and veggies: A diluted apple cider vinegar wash works great to clean your fruits and veggies. Remember, it is always best to wash your produce, even your organic produce.
Ease leg cramps: Leg cramps often occur because of a lack of potassium. If you have leg cramps, rub a liberal amount of apple cider vinegar on the area of pain.
Remove warts: Warts can be annoying and painful. Although many products exist over the counter to remedy them, they can be costly, sometimes painful and often ineffective. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and bandage it in place. Leave it on overnight.
To fight off a yeast infection: To remedy a yeast infection, add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar to your bathwater and soak for twenty minutes.
As a healthy hair rinse: For shiny and manageable locks, rinse your hair with ½ cup apple cider vinegar and ½ cup water. Do this several times a week to keep your hair looking and feeling its best.
Flea bath: Rinse your dogs after bathing with apple cider vinegar to keep the fleas away.You can also make a flea spray with half water, half apple cider vinegar and a few drops of peppermint essential oil. Spray this on your pets betting and coat to keep fleas at bay.
To clear a stuffy nose: If you have a stuffy nose due to seasonal allergies or even a cold, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and drink. You can add a little raw honey and a squeeze of lemon to taste.
To remedy heartburn: It may seem counterintuitive to drink apple cider vinegar when you have heartburn, but it works. This is because heartburn or acid reflux is not a problem with too much acid but actually too little. Mix two tablespoons apple cider vinegar with a 8 ounces of filtered water and drink before you eat.
Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes for Skin, Hair and Overall Health
Here are some great beauty recipes you can make at home using apple cider vinegar.
Skin Clarifying Mask
This is a great mask to use once a week to keep your skin clean and fresh.
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ginger kombucha
Mix everything together in a shallow bowl and apply to your face. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask
If you have dry and damaged hair, a mask made with raw honey and apple cider vinegar will help restore your gorgeous locks.
- ¼ cup organic raw honey ( local is best)
- 10 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Mix the ingredients and apply to damp hair. Leave the solution on your hair for about twenty minutes and rinse with warm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar Energy Drink
Ditch those commercial energy drinks, they are loaded with sugar, dyes and other additives that you don’t need. Instead, make your own workout drink using apple cider vinegar.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
Mix the ingredients together until the honey dissolves. Drink immediately for renewed energy.
Apple Cider Vinegar Relaxing Detox Bath
If you have had a hard day at work what better way to relax than in a detox bath. Simply add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of Epsom salt and 15 drops lavender essential oil to your bath water and enjoy the soak.
Weight Loss Booster
This drink will help boost your metabolism. Combine drinking this with a healthy diet loaded with whole foods and regular exercise.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 dash of red pepper
Mix together and enjoy! This drink can be stored in a glass bottle in the fridge for up to one week
This is an especially good drink to have around cold and flu season.
- 1 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup green tea
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A drop or 2 of raw honey
- 1 small slice of ginger
- A dash of Ceylon cinnamon
- Steep the tea in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tea and stir in the remaining ingredients. *The longer the ginger steeps the stronger it will be.
- Remove ginger slice before drinking.
How To Make Your Own Apple Cider Vinegar
Make your own delicious and nutritious apple cider vinegar at home. Here’s how.
- Apple peelings or cores
- 1 tablespoon of sugar per one cup of water
- Glass jar
- Fill the glass jar ¾ full with the peels and cores
- Stir the sugar into the water until it dissolves
- Pour over the apple scraps until the are covered – leave a few inches at the top
- Cover the jar with a coffee filter and a rubber band
- Allow the jar to sit in a warm and dark place for two weeks
- Stir the vinegar at least 3 times a week
- Skim off any scum on the top
- Strain after two weeks
- Let the vinegar set for another 2-4 weeks until desired taste.
- Pour into a jar with a lid and keep in the cupboard.
Don’t fancy making your own? Don’t forget to claim your free jar of Bragg’s ACV from Thrive Market here.
P.S. Have you heard of Thrive Market? - It's an exciting online marketplace offering the best in healthy, organic GMO-free foods - as well as the best natural health, beauty and home products - typically at 25-50% off retail prices. And better yet, Thrive Market are offering an exclusive 25% off your first order + 1 month free membership for Natural Living Ideas readers. Just click this link and your discount will automatically be applied.
Where Can We Send Your FREE
If you could bottle up superfood perfection, this organic virgin coconut oil would be it.
Jar Of Virgin Coconut Oil?
Whether you’re adding decadent-yet-mild flavor to your favorite recipes, reducing inflammation, or moisturizing your hair and skin, coconut oil is the ultimate culinary and beauty multitasker.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for Natural Living Ideas readers at the link below...