Our sponsors, Thrive Market, want to send every Natural Living Ideas reader a free bottle of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Click here to claim your free bottle.
Most nutrition experts agree: snacking is an important part of a healthy eating plan or weight loss diet. It keeps hunger pangs and cravings at bay, and maintains blood sugar levels – a vital component of weight maintenance, weight loss, and overall health.
Snacking doesn’t, however, mean you can load up on unhealthy muffins, ice-creams, cookies, and other sugary treats!
Here are 34 healthy and delicious snacks – all for 100 calories or less – which you can enjoy between meals guilt-free.
1. Turkey, Avocado & Hummus Roll-Up – quick, simple, and savory, these turkey roll-ups are gluten-free, and rich in both protein (at 8 grams a roll) and healthy fats thanks to avocado. 100 calories per serving.
2. Super Seed Chocolate Protein Bites – free from gluten, nuts, and grains, these little bites are wholesome and delicious. Made with Medjool dates, hemp seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, cocoa, vanilla, chocolate chips, and cinnamon, they can be stored in the fridge for several days, or the freezer for easy snacking. 88 calories per two-bite serving.
3. Steamed Edamame with Lemon Juice – these protein-rich young soybeans are a refreshing snack, especially when on the go. When at home, take the extra time to lightly steam them and add a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice for a tangy twist. 95 calories per half cup.
4. Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Stacks – salmon is rich in essential fatty acids, while water-filled cucumber is super-hydrating, making this an extremely satiating snack. With just four ingredients, they are quick and easy to put together when hunger strikes. 92 calories per four stacks.
5. Blueberries – sometimes simple is best, which is why a cup of blueberries can be all you need to satisfy sugar-cravings and get you through to your next meal. They’re loaded with antioxidants, vitamin K, and anthocyanins – which can help to boost cognitive function, prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, and much more. 84 calories per cup.
6. Non-Fat Greek Yogurt and Strawberries – take 3.5 ounces of non-fat yet protein-rich Greek yogurt and top it with 3/4 cup of whole strawberries for a creamy and fruity snack. 94 calories per serving.
7. 5 Minute Chocolate Truffles – these dairy-free chocolate truffles can be made in just five minutes, and require just three ingredients! Coconut milk, rich in beneficial lauric acid, combines with chocolate chips and just a pinch of salt for a deliciously more-ish treat. 38 calories per truffle.
8. Gazpacho Soup – loaded with veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and onions, this traditional chilled Spanish soup can be made in just 30 minutes and keeps for several days in the fridge. 88 calories per cup.
9. Feta Herb Dip with Crudités – made with white beans, non-fat plain yogurt, and feta cheese, this creamy dip is enhanced with garlic, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. It’s the perfect match for crunchy carrots, celery, red peppers, and cherry tomatoes. 32 calories per serving.
10. Almonds – America’s most popular nut, almonds are rich in Vitamin E for immune and skin health, and magnesium which plays a role in over 300 bodily processes. Research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition indicates that snacking on almonds between meals can lower blood sugar levels. 98 calories per 12-14 nuts.
11. Hard Boiled Eggs – make a batch of hard boiled eggs at the start of the week and you’ll never give into the hunger monster! 78 calories per medium egg.
12. Baked Almond Cherry Crisps – no-bake treats which pair perfectly with a cup of coffee. They can be made up to two days in advance. Swap the milk and white chocolate for dark to make them even healthier. 68 calories per crisp.
13. Rice Cake with Tahini and Green Apple – for a crispy snack on the fly, top one rice cake with a teaspoon of tahini and a third of a crispy green apple, sliced. 97 calories per serving.
14. Cantaloupe-Veggie Smoothie – with cantaloupe, frozen pineapple chunks, banana, carrots, and tomato, this surprisingly delicious drink contains 130% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A and 83% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C! Leave out the agave syrup for a healthier version. 77 calories per glass.
15. Avocado English Muffin – there are so many reasons to eat avocado every day, from their vitamin and mineral content to their heart and brain benefits. Get your daily dose by topping a half English muffin with one fifth of an avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. 100 calories per serving.
16. Spiced Tofu and Vegetable Lettuce Wraps – aromatic basil, tangy lemon, spicy chilies, and umami-rich soy sauce add life to tofu and a variety of vegetables. Wrap them up in a couple of lettuce leaves and prepare for an unexpected flavor-explosion. 100 calories per two wraps.
17. Chocolate and Nut Butter Bites – sandwich a teaspoon of creamy almond butter between two small squares of dark chocolate for a dreamy and decadent snack. 79 calories per serving.
18. Watermelon with a Hint of Mint Smoothie – blitz two cups of lycopene-rich watermelon, two tablespoons of fresh mint and 1/3 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt to make this fantastic drinkable popsicle!
19. Chocolate Dipped Apricots – a bite-sized crunchy treat that will satisfy your sweet cravings while adding some much needed fiber. Simply dip dried apricots in some melted chocolate and sprinkle on slivered almonds. 48 calories per apricot.
20. Healthy Homemade Oreos – store-bought Oreos are both delicious and addictive, but they’re loaded with oil and sugar. These homemade versions are cleaned up thanks to the use of spelt flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. 64 calories per cookie.
21. Celery and Peanut Butter Boats – fill one medium celery stalk with one tablespoon of sugar-free and oil-free peanut butter for a crunchy and creamy snack that’s filled with protein and good fats. 100 calories per serving.
22. Chocolate Popcorn – get your chocolate fix without the guilt! This crunchy, salty-sweet snack can be made in just minutes and will keep you full thanks to its fiber content. Made with cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. 100 calories per serving.
23. Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies – soft, moist, and fudgy, these delicious brownies contain a hidden ingredient that can help you meet your 5-a-day! 83 calories per brownie.
24. Mocha Ice Pops – avoid the 3pm slump with a chilled mocha treat! Made with coffee, cocoa powder, half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Swap the refined sugar for coconut sugar or maple syrup for a healthier version. 54 calories per pop.
25. Vegan Meringue Cookies – yes, it’s possible to make meringue without eggs thanks to the discovery of an incredible ingredient: aquafaba (also known as chickpea brine!). These ‘cookies’ taste every bit as good as the original version and they’re even gluten-free! 10 calories per bite-sized cookie.
26. Strawberry Rhubarb Thumbprint Cookies – free from gluten, dairy, egg, and refined sugars, these cookies combine the summery flavors of both rhubarb and strawberry, all brought to life with some fresh lemon. 83 calories per cookie.
27. Bruschetta with Peach Salsa and Melted Brie – peaches, red bell peppers, green onion, lime juice, and cilantro provide an ideal contrast to creamy Brie cheese, especially when piled on top of crunchy French baguette. Tip: leave out the sugar, as the peaches are sweet enough on their own! 100 calories per serving.
28. Low Fat Gingerbread Men Cookies – these holiday-inspired gingerbread cookies are delicious, yet lower in fat than most because the butter is replaced with applesauce. 56 calories per cookie (or 66 with icing).
29. Apple with Cinnamon – for a speedy remedy to your hunger pangs, slice up a medium green apple and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon, which is known to lower blood sugar and control appetite. Cinnamon also has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant benefits.
30. Matcha Green Tea Milkshake – pair the potent powers of Matcha green tea with non-fat Greek yogurt, almond milk, stevia, and vanilla for a sweet and refreshing milkshake unlike any other. 95 calories per serving.
31. Superfood Triple Berry Chia Pudding – although it requires a little forethought, as it must be made the night before, this chia pudding is worth it! It’s also super easy to make – just add chia seeds to a mason jar with some fresh fruit and almond milk and shake. 110 calories (but leaving out a few berries will bring it down to an even hundred!).
32. 3-Egg White Omelet – whip up a quick skillet meal by whisking and cooking three egg whites. Add in herbs and spices to bring things up a notch. 100 calories per omelet.
33. Skinny Black Forest Shake – unsweetened almond milk, frozen dark cherries, cocoa powder, stevia, and vanilla extract combine to make a Black Forest shake that’s every bit as delicious as the gateau on which it is based. 100 calories per serving.
34. Baked Tortilla Chips with Salsa – 10 baked tortilla chips (either store-bought or homemade) plus a quarter cup of salsa is a savory and crunchy snack that will keep you going through to lunch. 100 calories per serving.
P.S. Have you heard of Thrive Market? It's an exciting online marketplace selling the best in healthy, organic GMO-free foods - as well as the best natural health and beauty products - typically at 25-50% off retail prices. And better yet, Thrive Market are offering an exclusive 25% off your first order + 1 month free membership for Natural Living Ideas readers. Just click this link and your discount will automatically be applied.
Where Can We Send Your FREE
If you could bottle up superfood perfection, this organic virgin coconut oil would be it.
Jar Of Virgin Coconut Oil?
Whether you’re adding decadent-yet-mild flavor to your favorite recipes, reducing inflammation, or moisturizing your hair and skin, coconut oil is the ultimate culinary and beauty multitasker.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for Natural Living Ideas readers at the link below...