Oh, the price of vanity… we can spend thousands a year just to keep our face and body looking its best. Marketing campaigns attack us on all fronts with the promise of everlasting beauty and of course, no wrinkles.
Of course, one of the most important things to know about these products is that many of them contain toxic chemicals that can actually do more harm than good. Don’t be fooled by fancy packaging and pretty words, be sure you know what ingredients are in the products that you are using.
There is good news, most of the expensive products that you find on store shelves can be reproduced at home. Made from natural ingredients, these products promise to nourish and heal your skin at a fraction the cost of what commercial products cost.
Here are five DIY beauty products that your skin and your bank account will love:
Revitalizing Eye Cream
Make your eyes look awake and refreshed with this natural revitalizing eye cream.
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons calendula oil
- 2 teaspoons rosehip oil
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons melted beeswax
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a double boiler except the vitamin e
- Stir gently with a whisk until everything is combined and melted
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into sterile jars and put on lids
- Use a little bit of cream daily under makeup and before bed
Gentle Face Wipes
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 8 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops vitamin e oil
- Cut up and old clean t-shirt towel into 2″x2″ square
- Pour the coconut oil into a large bowl
- Add the oils and vitamin e, stir
- Add the distilled water and mix gently again
- Place your squares in a bowl to soak up the solution and put the squares in a clean jar with a lid
- Store the face wipes at room temperatures or in the refrigerator so that the pads are cool and refreshing.
Detoxifying Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 3 capsule activated charcoal
- 4 teaspoons aloe vera
- 2 teaspoons shea butter
- 2 ounces chamomile tea
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Brew tea and melt the shea butter in a double boiler
- When tea is ready and the shea butter is completely melted, mix them together
- Mix clay and activated charcoal together
- All the aloe vera and essential oils and mix
- Store in an air-tight container
Apply on your face and keep it on for about 15 minutes. Wash it off and pat dry. Your skin will be silky smooth. Use twice a week and follow up with a light layer of coconut oil for moisturizing.
Herbal Face Toner
This refreshing toner will help to remove bacteria and debris leaving your face feeling fresh and alive.
- Fresh or dried organic thyme
- Witch hazel
- Sterilize a small glass jar and fill it with witch hazel
- Place the thyme in the witch hazel and allow it to steep for two days in a cool place
- Apply to your face using a soft cotton ball in the morning and evening.
Anti-Aging Face Cream
Turn back the hands of clock with this moisturizing anti-aging serum.
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- Essential oils of your choice – 10 drops
- Place all of the ingredients in a clean glass jar
- Put about 4 inches of water in a pot and simmer
- Place the jar with ingredients in teh water and allow them to melt – stir once in a while
- Once it is melted, pour it in a glass jar and let it sit at room temperature until the cream hardens
- Apply morning and night after washing
- Store for 3 months in a cool location.
Want More Natural Beauty Recipes?
If you’d like access to 75+ DIY natural beauty recipes to help you get the best skin and hair of your life, then you’ll definitely want to get yourself a copy of the Everyday Roots downloadable book.
Not only does it have 75+ natural beauty recipes, it also includes 105+ home remedies to help solve any ailment and 35+ DIY household products and cleaners.
Where Can We Send Your FREE
If you could bottle up superfood perfection, this organic virgin coconut oil would be it.
Jar Of Virgin Coconut Oil?
Whether you’re adding decadent-yet-mild flavor to your favorite recipes, reducing inflammation, or moisturizing your hair and skin, coconut oil is the ultimate culinary and beauty multitasker.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for Natural Living Ideas readers at the link below...