Blackheads, open pores clogged with dead skin and oil are most common in teens and pre-menstrual women. These irritating blemishes occur most often on and around the nose putting them dead center in the middle of the face where they are most noticeable. So of course, we want to get rid of them as quickly as possible.
Here are eight of the best and fastest all-natural remedies for banishing those annoying little blackheads.
1. Baking Soda
The antiseptic quality of baking soda makes it a wonderful method for getting rid of blackheads.
– In a glass or ceramic bowl, mix about a tablespoon of baking soda with just a small amount of water to form a paste.
– Apply to blackheads and let it dry (about ten minutes.)
– Rinse with lukewarm water.
Use this remedy to remove debris from pores about one to two times per week.
Related Reading: 24 Magical Ways To Use Baking Soda
Cinnamon is an anti-bacterial spice that can be used to make an aromatic face mask for removal of blackheads.
– Mix one part organic cinnamon with two parts honey to form a paste.
– Apply a thin layer over blackheads.
– Leave on for at least fifteen minutes.
– Wash off with your favorite all-natural cleanser, then follow up with a moisturizer.
Use this remedy daily for best results.
Oatmeal soothes irritation, removes dead skin cells, and soaks up excess oil to help clarify the complexion.
– Using distilled water (free of contaminants), cook enough oatmeal to cover your blackheads.
– Cool oats to room temperature before applying to affected areas.
– Leave on for ten to twenty minutes then rinse with lukewarm water.
Use this remedy at least once per day. For a great organic oatmeal, try these steel cut oats from Bob’s Red Mill.
Also, check out this article for several more awesome facial mask recipes using oatmeal and other common ingredients from your pantry.
4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) citric acid which naturally removes dead skin, making it perfect for unstopping clogged pores. Also, vitamin C in lemon juice is anti-oxidant and stimulates collagen production to improve skin health and reduce scarring from acne.
– Start by washing your face with a gentle natural cleanser.
– Squeeze about one teaspoon of juice from an organic lemon into a glass or ceramic bowl.
– Apply to blackheads with a small cotton ball (dab, don’t wipe.)
– Let it dry (at least ten minutes) then rinse off with cold water. Alternately, you can leave this treatment on skin overnight.
Use this treatment as often as once per day.
5. Green Tea
Vitamins and anti-oxidants in green tea help to break up excess oil and reduce inflammation of acne-prone skin.
– Boil eight ounces of water then remove from heat.
– Steep two bags or a tea ball containing about two teaspoons of organic green tea for one hour.
– Pour liquid into a glass or ceramic bowl and cool until lukewarm.
– Dab liquid onto blackheads and let dry (at least ten minutes.)
– Rinse with cool water, pat dry, and moisturize.
Repeat this treatment once per day.
Related Reading: 10 Reasons You Should Start Drinking Matcha Green Tea
Honey is both anti-bacterial and antiseptic, making it another great choice for those with acne-related blackheads.
– Heat about a tablespoon of pure raw honey in a small jar until it is warm to the touch. (A good way to do this is by placing the jar into a bowl of very hot water.)
– Dab warm honey onto blackheads and let it soak in for about ten minutes.
– Remove with a warm, damp cloth.
This treatment can also be left on overnight. Repeat daily for best results.
*** Make certain that you are not allergic to honey before using this treatment.***
Turmeric is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. While the spice used for cooking will stain skin if applied to treat blackheads, Kasturi turmeric – a non-edible variety – is non-staining.
– Mix a small amount of Kasturi turmeric with water or coconut oil to form a paste.
– Dab onto blemishes and let it soak in for ten to fifteen minutes.
– Wash off with lukewarm water
While organic Kasturi can be hard to find, any local Indian market is a good place to start.
Use this treatment daily to get rid of and prevent future blackheads.
8. Epsom Salts
Epsom salts are not only great for easing sore muscles, they can also help to remove blackheads. White most of the treatments on this list dissolve the dead skin and oil, this Epsom salt mixture actually pulls the plug out of each clogged pore so they simply wash away.
– Start off by exfoliating around your blackheads to remove any dead skin that may interfere with this cleansing process.
– Mix one teaspoon of Epsom salts in half a cup of hot water and four drops of iodine.
– Stir until all of the salts are dissolved then let the solution cool until it is warm, but no longer hot.
– Massage the mixture into skin affected with blackheads and let it dry completely.
– Wash your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean cloth.
Use this treatment as much as you like.
Related Reading: 20 Mind Blowing Uses For Epsom Salts
Where Can We Send Your FREE
If you could bottle up superfood perfection, this organic virgin coconut oil would be it.
Jar Of Virgin Coconut Oil?
Whether you’re adding decadent-yet-mild flavor to your favorite recipes, reducing inflammation, or moisturizing your hair and skin, coconut oil is the ultimate culinary and beauty multitasker.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for Natural Living Ideas readers at the link below...